Saturday, May 15, 2010

Inez and Vinoodh are my newest obsession.

Photobucket

Recently I've been very inspired by the fashion photography team Inez and Vinoodh. I've seen their work everywhere, from Vogue Paris to W, and I've always wondered how they work together on set. Usually, a single photographer will run the show and call the shots during a shoot, but this husband and wife team have managed to build a highly successful career by collaborating their artistic views as a team. Please excuse the "newscast" vibe of this video.



In the video, Inez said that things are more relaxed on set because between the two of them, someone will always get the shot. This confidence they have on set reminds me of the feeling we have when Katie-Lu and I are together. If Katie-Lu and I were a photography team I wonder what kind of technique we would bring to the shoot.

Here are some photos I'm guessing were taken by Vinoodh, the photo "stealer" because the models are looking away from the camera, possibly at Inez's lens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed the video and photos! I highly suggest looking up more of their work on the web....it's incredible!

xox Meggasus

26 comments:

Romany said...

Is that Lily Donaldson in the first pic? So gorgeous. Hmm these two are rather dynamic! I'd be too afraid to combine work with family like this - could lead to all kinds of conflict. But it's encouraging that they have managed to make it work.
Romany
xx

iliketweet said...

I love their work, it's so beautiful...

and YES for the Parent Trap!

tweet tweet tweet

x

Sabo Skirt said...

naomi campbell is a goddess..

stop by our fashion blog, we hope you love it!

xx .sabo skirt.

www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

fashion clocked said...

wow the first shot is breathtaking the hair the bow shirt and the socks- sensational- what a fabulous duo! xx thanks for sharing and for sweet comments- It definately sounds like we have the same clothing taste- would be cool if i lived near!x
stop by sometime fashion clocked blog
kisses katie.xx

Is This Real Life? said...

ah beautiful pics, great blog!

daisychain said...

Oh wow, their work is amazing.

C said...

Really like this post. THey seem like a great combo.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous pics!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you soooooo much girls for being my 100th follower :)
I am so happy. When I read your message I could not believe :)
You both are the sweetest!
I am following you on bloglovin
Kisses :)

La pépite modeuse said...

Gorgeous pictures !
Kiss.

SabinePsynopsis said...

4 eyes see more than 2... Great team and amazing pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really love their photography! It's amazing when two people can work as one!

xoxo

SC said...

dang these photos are fab. love the motion (:

thank you for your kind words (: i feel as if i can live without my family. like, being independent. i used to be so afraid of walking home alone, and now i do it everyday. i feel as if when i move out after grad, i'll be better than i am at home.

thank you!

Hello Naka said...

great photos ^^
thanks for the comment :3

welcometoviolence said...

amazing work. i love the first black and white photo.

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

That video is so cool. I'd never heard of those people before.

Love all those photos.

Charlotte Elise Jay said...

WOW these images are just lovely

Thanks so much for sharing them!!!

Char x

indigotangerine said...

That first photo is stunning, so cool that its a husband wife team.
-indigo

Vix said...

What a stylish blog!
Naomi Campbell looks fabulous.
Thanks for visiting!
Vix
xxx

Beth Ruby said...

Fab post, I never knew that they worked together.
What an amazing partnership.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Amazing work. I envy photographers with a passion.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Heather Feemster said...

So fabulous, I love Fashion TV...feeling inspired, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yess,That pics are great!

xx

The Closet Fashionista said...

I can't see any of these pics cause the yucky IT team at work doesn't allow photo bucket! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo will have to look another time when not on network... xxx

Gorgeous Glam said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

Barbara von Enger said...

They are all gorgeous. I love the vintage dresses and jewellery. the skirt is very nice, too;-))