Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alberta Ferretti Spring 2011 Collection: Stunning as Always

Ever since I was 17 Katie-Lu and I have had this Alberta Ferretti ad photographed by Steven Meisel on our bedroom wall back in F-town.

Photobucket

Coincidentally, I once found myself sitting next to Siri Tollerod on the subway when I was heading to a Lacoste casting back in my modeling days. I instantly thought of this ad. (Siri is the 2nd girl on the left).

Anway, I always love the Alberta Ferretti campaigns. Every season Alberta continues to impress me. Last season was no exception. Here is one image from the last campaign season.

Photobucket

While checking style.com for the most recent runway images for this spring, the Alberta Ferretti collection really caught my eye and did not fail to meet my expectations: feminine and gorgeous.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite part of this collection was how the dresses alternated with horizontal blocks of sheer chiffon and silky/metallic fabrics. This gave the clothing a very delicate look, but with a modern twist. The colors of the fabric, as well as the floral patterns are very beautiful and compliment the soft, flowing silhouettes. All in all, the collection was absolutely stunning.

xx Meggasus

7 comments:

ching said...

wow alberta ferreti is my new fave..the collections are remarkable. :D

luciana said...

Alberta Ferreti is so awesome, I love her such a long time. Her collections are more than beautiful!

daisychain said...

I love Alberta Feretti, that ad will always be a favourite.

Unknown said...

I love Alberta Feretti. Such a cool campaign.

fashion clocked said...

Beautiful collection, and advertising. I love how effortless and delicate all the pieces appear. The first advert is incredible- I love how the models all appear doll like with porcelain complexions.... drool!!! Hope you gorgeous girlies are well? Katie.xxx
fashion clocked

fashion clocked said...

Beautiful collection, and advertising. I love how effortless and delicate all the pieces appear. The first advert is incredible- I love how the models all appear doll like with porcelain complexions.... drool!!! Hope you gorgeous girlies are well? Katie.xxx
fashion clocked

Barbara von Enger said...

So feminine and chic - I adore all the exquisite fabrics and footwear.
I lie the first image best, but the others are quite stunning. too.