Sunday, February 14, 2010

Runway Report: f/w 10.11

So, I was looking through the images on style.com of the shows this fashion week and realized BLACK, LEATHER, FUR, and BUCKLES seem to taken over the scene at several shows.

Take the Alturzarra show, for instance.... The entire collection seemed to have a dominatrix/vampiress feel. Style.com made a reference to Edward Scissorhands, and I defnitely see the resemblance.

In my opinion, the Altuzarra show was FIERCE this season. There was SO much intensity and drama! The collection was very gothic and even a little haunted... while clicking through my style.com slide show I didn't think it could get any more vampire-like and then I saw this:HOLY....moly. Velvet? I don't know how I feel about it. (Actually, I do know....*cough*partycity*cough*) Otherwise, I love the concept of the full length cape. Verrry amazing. I give major props to anyone who wears one when it's not Halloween, even if it's velvet.

On the other hand, the images from the Lacoste show give a completely different vibe..... sort of retro 80's meets cuddly snow bunny. There were lots of creams and vibrant primary colors in the collection. And, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw models on the runway SMILING! YESSS!!! The death stare is always going to be chic, but after seeing a lot of the BLANK stares it's nice to see more of a variety of facial expressions.

I'm glad to see happiness is in style season.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad to actually see models smiling for once. I get why the death stare is so popular for some collections - since it goes so well with the whole "vampiric" look. But it's also good to see girls actually looking human, lol. Not that I'd necessarily want to smile, myself, since I'm sure it would probably look idiotic... but still.

Artpixie said...

Ha that's actually kinda awesome that they're smiling :)
Other than that I just wanted to dorp by and tell you how much I love your blog, I'm not just saying that. It's so easy to read. I wish I could blog as good as you.
hahha btw my name is smile :D

Anonymous said...

yeah velvet seems to be coming back, why for the love of fashion, why?

Annie L said...

Goodd reading