Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Some Unique Purchases...

Meggasus found this adorable straw hat, perfect for summer! It's vintage too, which makes it even more appealing!
Photobucket
Meggasus instantly pointed out the similarity of this hat to the ones found in the Jason Wu Resort show... It's funny how styles repeat themselves! A photo from Wu's collection is shown below.

Photobucket
I think I may actually prefer the pink for once!



As for myself, I absolutely fell in love with this big, floppy hat. I've been looking for one for ages, and this one was perfect! However, an older lady in the store was green with envy when she saw it and instead of letting her get all worked up over it I just let her have it. I'm sort of regretting that move...hahaa
PhotobucketThe black shades were only 5 dollars, so I couldn't resist!! Also, I absolutely fell it love with this black, beaded throw on. Very flapper-esque, no? I've been obsessed with items with fringe these days... For only 20 bucks, I bought this item as well! I can't wait to wear it out...It's the perfect item to throw over a party dress!...or even perhaps mix it with some casual grunge?? I will have to do some experimenting with it!

Well, this post has been rather random... but Meggasus and I wanted to share these unique purchases with you :)

I hope all of you bloggers have had a fun-filled week!

xx Katie-Lu

18 comments:

luciana said...

Gorgeous!Love the pictures and the hats :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am in love with hats lately and you girl look great with them:)
Kisses, sweeties:)

ps: I am hosting a great GIVEAWAY, so please join in:) ...I bet you both will love it!!!

Pomeline said...

Love, love, love it! (: Too bad about the floppy hat </3

ilsteviewonder said...

Love the 1st hat! Aww that was so nice of you to give it to her! don't worry there will be more! :D

Nikki said...

I love those sunglasses!
Great pics.

xx
Nikki

Vix said...

I adore hats and you both look fabulous in yours! That was a lovely thing you did buy letting the older lady have that gorgeous floppy hat. Hopefully good karma will ensure you find an even more fabulous one! xxx

fashion clocked said...

aw this is such a cute post- you both look totally stunning and arghhhh to the lady eyeing up the black hat is is rather awesome! ( but the beaded jacket thing is ace too !) Look
s like fun!xxxx
fashion clocked
I would love you to visit.xx Katie.x

Samm said...

I saw your blog and I wanted to invite you to follow my blog.
Check out my blog @ www.afterstylecomesfashion.blogspot.com


With love, Samm

Joellen said...

Great finds! Adorable photos

joellenlove.blogspot.com

Marcie said...

How fun! Isn't finding unique pieces really special?

xo Marcie

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

What an awesome hat. It looks like you're having such a great time. Such fun.

Mash said...

beautiful picture , I love in particulary the last one , black color is always chic and elegant .

Heather Feemster said...

Love the black fringe. That was very nice of you to give up the hat but never again....finders keepers!!!! (especially when you've been searching....)that lady was lucky!

Anonymous said...

Only 5 dollars for the sunnies? Amazing find!

Raven said...

Both the pictures of you and Meggasus are so cute! I do love the beaded "throw-on" you have. It is very flapper-ish! ha ha

Orphin Lasz said...

Woah! You guys look amazingly beautiful in those pictures! ; u ;
Also, great choices! each of them seem to fit just right with your personalities c:

~ Orphin's Domains ~

Unknown said...

such a lovely hat! and fit so good to her ^^

Lexie V. said...

You should have kept it yourself, looks so good on you! But very sweet of you to give it away :)