Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Givenchy Fall 2010 Couture Collection, "The Bone Collection"

When I stumbled across the following photos on style.com of the Givenchy fall 2010 collection I was left speechless. Known as "The Bone Collection," these dresses are inspired by skeletons and glamorize the idea of death... The collection was created by Riccardo Tisci.

Photobucket
The full collection....


What I found interesting about this collection is the use of different materials...such as lace, fringe, zippers and crystal. All the pieces in this collection are fabulously ornate and intricate... What I also noticed about this collection was its unique color palette. When I think of death, I automatically associate the subject with dark colors, like black. However, in this collection, almost all the gowns are white, tan, and gold. The darkest color found in this collection is chocolate brown...

Here are a few of my favorites...
Photobucket
Natasha Poly


Photobucket
Magdalena Frackowiak


Photobucket
Malgosia Bela


Photobucket
Daphne Groeneveld


Photobucket
Karmen Pedaru

What are your thoughts on this collection? We would love to hear your opinion!

xx Katie- Lu

19 comments:

Vix said...

Those bleached-out tones remind me of old sepia photographs unearthed from an attic. Very beautiful especially the feather-trimmed Malgosia Bela number.
They work well with the understated make-up and undone hair.

fashion clocked said...

The collection left me completely speechless! Absolutely outstanding- the work in each outfit is hard to comprehend? It is impossible to pick a favourite but the creation on Natasha Poly is so delicate and structural! I have also been piecing together a post of my favourite couture shows! I can imagine Mary Kate and Ashley olsen in their own take on these !xxx
would love you to call by.
fashion clocked
kisses katie.xx

this free bird said...

I'm totally diggin' this whole thing. Bring on the bones. Been staring at it for days. There's something very Olsen-esque about it. I fully expect to see someone come out in one of these gowns with their hair up and a faux bone holding it a la Wilma Flintstone. No jokes.

xo-Carrie

Mash said...

For me (as for you) death means dark colors . I'm just totally in love with this collection , so many textures ... brilliant idea ! oh sorry for my bad english :(

D e g a i n e said...

This is a gorgeous collection!!! Loving all the glamorous details!


D E G A I N E

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Josie said...

These are absolutely stunning. Everything is so intricate and amazing!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Petitebine said...

Brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I'm in love!

Unknown said...

Ugh I 100% agree <3

Beth Ruby said...

I LOVED this collection.
I totally agree that it glamorises death and I love that he didn't use the conventional colours of black etc. to show death.
Can't believe he actually used bones for his zipper pulls though!
Fab post dearies!
Follow for follow? :)
xx

bravegrrl said...

stellar!

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

That last dress is beautiful.

I think this is one of my favourites out of the couture collections. Truly a work of art.

Cátia said...

love the collection :) very chic*

You two have a great blog!

http://behindmyglossyeyes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi dear Girls,

My name is Lucia, I knew your blog thanks Emily tebbets and her photography. I love it, even if I love more fashion photography, than fashion per se, I love what are you doing with your blog (I m actually following you).
I ve noticed you commented my blog a copple of time, and this is the reason I m writing you. What about a collaboration with me? Unfortunately I live in Switzerland, so I ve no idea how can we collaborate...but maybe we can do something together.

Let me know if you are in,this is my e/mail> luciamoretti@hotmail.com

Take care, and anyway keep up your great job.

bye
Cia

Pomeline said...

Hey lovely ladies, I hope to see an outfit post soon! I love those (:

lu said...

i love the first one.. its so.. AMAZING. and the dark feathery one!

Le Herrero said...

thaanks :)
I'm totally in love with this collection.
xoxo

Hannah said...

natasha looks AMAZING in that dress. or the dress looks amazing on her. anyway, i'm obsessed.

Avalonne Hall said...

Thanks for keeping me updated with the fashion world and the collections! This collection is stunning, very abstract and romantic. I love these and the color palette is great! I don't know if it's glamorizing the idea of death as much, it's just an inspiration in my opinion.