Monday, November 8, 2010

Katherine Hepburn Mystery Dress!

This is not a typical Meggasus and Katie-Lu blog post...

I want you all to take a look at this photo... It's of Katherine Hepburn from "Woman of the Year." The dress she is wearing is the absolute prettiest gown I've ever seen and ever since I first saw this movie about 4 years ago I've never forgotten it. Unfortunately I can't find any other pictures of it to show you of it from the movie...

Photobucket

The reason I'm posting this on the blog is because I was hoping that any other fashionistas in the blogosphere might be able to give an educated guess on who the designer is?? The movie was filmed in 1942... If you watch the movie you will have a better understanding as to why this dress is simply unforgettable.

Longer post later ;)

Xx Katie-Lu

8 comments:

cool hunter said...

SO NICE...
SPANISHCOOLHUNTERB.

fashion clocked said...

ahhh I dont know what happened but I have kept on missing your posts, so phew just caught up to date! How are you beauties? Definately looking gorgeous as ever, and I LOVE the shoot with Emily! Sooooooo stunning. This shot is so stunning old school glamour.Katie.xxxx

Unknown said...

She is such a beauty.

Closet Fashionista said...

Looks soo pretty! But I'm afraid I wouldn't have any clue as to who the designer is :/
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Dusk said...

Hello beautiful girls... ahhhh, around this time, nearly all film costume design was by 'Gowns by Adrian'.

He designed all the costumes and garments for 'Wizard of Oz' and basically all the MGM movies of the '30s and '40s. He designed for all the major movie stars. He most definitely would have designed / made this dress.

Adrian's dresses were sublime!!

Courtney Erin said...

That's so cool that you are CT bloggers too! I'm in New Haven and following you now.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

La pépite modeuse said...

nice ! xoxo

Sanny said...

Awhhhh! I'd been in love with Katherine Hepburn since I was in high school! Was wondering if every girls with the 'Hepburn' last name are all so stunningly beautiful heheh! Hello to Audrey Hepburn too!

Have a cheerful weekend! (:

Sanny's Head to Heart